- Bring together all downtown interests, including government, education, business and charitable institutions in a broad-based coalition.
- Support existing businesses and encourage entrepreneurial business development in the downtown Flint business district.
- Enhance the public infrastructure and improve aesthetics.
- Increase downtown residency.
- Develop the downtown into an attractive area for business, employment, and entertainment.
- Improve and revitalize the downtown district.
The basic premise of the Flint Uptown Reinvestment strategy is that many small, locally based initiatives and decisions will, over time; result in sustainable and significant improvements for downtown without the need for massive, single-project developments.
The URC commissioned the help of Sasaki Associates, Inc. to develop a reinvestment strategy for downtown Flint. The strategy identifies the specific actions and projects that can be accomplished individually, while collectively contributing to an implementation framework for the regeneration of downtown Flint. The Flint Uptown Reinvestment Strategy (Initiatives for Uptown) identifies the specific actions and projects that can be accomplished individually, while collectively contributing to an implementation framework for the regeneration of downtown Flint. The strategy will encourage dialogue, discussion and a committed vision for the future of the downtown Flint area. It is key to note the community will play a vital role in determining which actions and projects will be given priority or be implemented as identified by the strategy.
CAPITOL THEATRE PROJECT RESOURCES